Sustainability within the workplace is considered to be an important factor for the growth of our business, and the environments and communities within which we work. This document outlines the company’s sustainability policy, which is supported by other policies, procedures, values and targets that have been incorporated into the Company Management System.
On our journey of continuous improvement, we will be promoting the need for CMIT to follow a focused Sustainability Program. We commit to conducting and growing our business in a responsible and lawful manner with respect for the wider economic, social and environmental impacts of our activities.
In order to achieve that, CMIT will:
- Comply with all relevant laws and regulations that apply to the business.
- Seek to generate sufficient profit to meet the needs of a growing and developing Company to enable investments to be made for the improvement of all stakeholders.
- Seek mutually beneficial commercial relationships with third parties with whom they do business.
- Seek to develop new products/services that have increased benefits for our customers and the environment throughout their life cycle.
- Provide a safe working environment for its employees and ensure that employees fully understand their own responsibilities as regards health and safety matters.
- Provide a framework including any necessary training, which will assist employees to develop their capabilities.
- Provide its employees, where appropriate, with the opportunity to engage in activities that will benefit the industry and the community at large.
- Offer employment opportunities in a fair and equal manner regardless of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
- Commit to provide good and fair labor conditions for the employees to ensure their welfare including assurance of no child labor, no forced labor, freedom to join union, and equality of opportunity.
- Seek to integrate the identification and management of environmental issues within the Company’s everyday business practices striving to ensure environmental improvements go hand-in-hand with reduced costs and increased efficiency.